Record: Judd Winick
I don’t own any of his books, and there are many stories he wrote that I wouldn’t touch with a ten-foot pole. And here below are a handful of examples of what’s wrong with him, not the least being that he’s what’s come to be known today as a moonbat:
- In 2003, he wrote Titans/Young Justice: Graduation Day, in which he killed off Donna Troy and Lilith Clay, the latter who’s been largely swept under the rug by DC since, and let’s just say that the women in that would-be miniseries virtually all come off badly there. It was one of the most rushed and worst items ever made.
- In 2005, he co-wrote Countdown to Infinite Crisis, in which Ted Kord, the Blue Beetle, was killed off in gruesome, excessive fashion.
- When he took up writing Green Arrow, he wrote that Mia, who became a new Speedy, was infected with HIV in a forced storyline. Maybe not as bad as what Kevin Smith, when he intro’d her, did, but still uncalled for.
- In the 57th issue of GA, Dr. Light gloats about the “joys” of rape. This issue was actually credited to a different writer(?), yet is written in a vicious manner not unlike Winick’s own forced manner of writing, to the point of where one can only wonder if what he did was hand a plot he’d done over to another writer in order to dodge any criticism on his part?
- And speaking of vicious and forced, that could describe even his approach to writing on Green Lantern, Outsiders, and even Green Arrow too.
- The lesbian subplot featured in the One Year Later storyline in Outsiders involving Thunder and Grace Choi was contrived and exploitive.