Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Introduction

Why The Comic Book Discrimination Dossiers?
Well, if this is to be considered satirical, then to put it in the words of a webmaster of another website who wrote me a nasty e-mail when I expressed my anger at an unfair attack he launched against Gail Simone, it’s because “you simply don’t put up a website implicating a trend that isn’t there and claiming there is some sexist plot behind it.” Well in that case, despoiler of the First Amendment, how about a blog instead then?

And that’s what I’d been thinking of doing for some time already, to put together a blog with a purpose similar to that of the website humorist and comics writer Gail Simone launched in 1998, where I could write profilings of various characters, ladies, and even some gents, who’d been misused in bad ways in comic books both past and present. Because maybe, just maybe, it could help in eventually solving the problem.

How often will this blog be updated? Probably not that often, but I most certainly will be doing my best to work out the best possible profilings and explanations (probably IMO, but you get the idea) of what wrongs were/are being done with them.

So now, here goes with the project. For the sake of good storytelling sans gruesome discrimination, let’s hope this can help make a difference.

1 Comments:

At 11:50 AM , Blogger Nerites said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG- I JUST DISCOVERED IT.

I THINK IT'S A GREAT SOURCE OF INFORMATION.

BEST OF LUCK AND RECEIVE A BIG HUG.

- ERICK
http://mujermaravilla.blogspirit.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home